Per Gael's suggestion, I'll try a real training schedule (scary!) For the Tri, she suggests a 3,2,1 schedule (e.g. 3 swims, 2 bikes, 1 run) with each activity rotating each week (e.g. the following week would be 3 bikes, 2 runs, 1 swim). The "rest" day should have a strength-building component, ideally push (push-up), pull (pull-up), and lift (squats). Here's my plan for this week:
Monday - rest (meh, it was a 3-day weekend...whatdya expect?)
Tuesday - walk (in place of running until my hip is better)
Wednesday - swim and/or strength
Thursday - bike
Friday - swim
Saturday - bike
Sunday - swim, bike, walk :-)
Views on family, travel, leadership, empty-nest parenting, work, and writing, all while finding balance. And what happened to four submarines that sank in 1968.
I'm back!
I’m reviving my blog! We are going to embark on a 3,275-mile road trip to move Natalie to St. Augustine, Florida in a few days, and I find ...
-
I’m reviving my blog! We are going to embark on a 3,275-mile road trip to move Natalie to St. Augustine, Florida in a few days, and I find ...
-
UW School of Law Professor Eric Schnapper will argue for the plaintiff in Crawford v. Metro Nashville on October 8 in a legal case that coul...
-
Per Gael's suggestion, I'll try a real training schedule (scary!) For the Tri, she suggests a 3,2,1 schedule (e.g. 3 swims, 2 bikes,...